Did you know we serve hundreds of thousands of children annually across the country? The NFL Alumni, members, families and friends gather in support of programs nationwide that benefit charitable organizations serving children and their families.
- During the 2020 holiday season, with the uncertainty of the pandemic, the NFL Alumni Association and MFC Authentics and Framing partnered up to hold a holiday toy drive. In just their second year of holding the toy drive, the NFL Alumni raised over $2,500 worth of toys to benefit the Burlington County DCP&P. Children received not only toys but clothing and other necessities as well. Thanks to the NFL Alumni Association and MFC Authentics and Framing, the team could bring toys to many children for the holidays.
- The NFL Alumni teamed up with the Scholastic Book Fair to provide kids with the importance of reading and education with a fun NFL twist. Former NFL players would attend different schools and read to students in class. The Scholastic Book Fair reading kicked off in Newark, NJ, and since has become a fun event for both former players and the students they read to. Besides the book reading, students also received bookbags full of school supplies from the NFLA. In a fun effort to get kids to read, there were special events involving receiving free books for attending special NFL and NFL Alumni events.
- Just days before Super Bowl LV, the Tampa Bay NFL Alumni Chapter, with the help of the Tampa Bay Housing Authority, broke ground to build an obstacle course across from Stewart Middle School. In accordance with the NFL Alumni’s “Caring for Our Kids” program this obstacle course emphasizes the importance of physical exercise for a student’s self-esteems. The course also gives them something fun to do right outside of their school.
- As a way to provide kids with the opportunity to play for a competitive little league baseball team, the NFL Alumni Association provided the “PLO Bulldogs,” a team in Miami, Florida, with jerseys, pants, socks, and compression sleeves so they could play.
- Similar to the NFL Alumni jersey donation in Miami, Florida, the NFLA also provided jerseys and gear for a little league football event in San Diego. In a collaboration with NFL Leagues United, the NFL Alumni Association and the NFLA San Diego chapter provided jerseys for a flag football champion game between Mexico and the United States. Through this collaboration, the kids, ranging in age from 12-16, were granted the opportunity to play an exciting championship game.
- The NFL Alumni Association hosts its annual Red, White, and Blue Golf Classic, an event to raise money for armed forces, in support of Casey’s Companions. During this event, golfers team up with a celebrity captain – usually a former NFL player – to compete for their chance at having the best score. Casey’s Companions is a non-profit organization that provides “assistance to law enforcement, families, and caregivers with children who have cancer or other life-threatening illnesses.