NFL Alumni Association
- Join or Renew your membership
- Enroll in Programs / Benefits
- Get Involved in your Local Chapter
NFL Player Insurance Plan
- Retired Players- 5 years of post-career coverage
- Medical, Dental & Prescription Drugs
- Neurological Care Program
- Spine Treatment Program\
- Counseling (4 free visits per Plan year)
NFL Player Benefits Admin.
- NFL Player Annuity Program
- NFL Player Second Career Savings Plan
- Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle NFL Player Retirement Plan
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 88 Plan
NFL Player Benefits Dept.
(800) NFL-GOAL / (800) 635-4625
- General Information for Active & Retired Players
- NFL Long Term Care Insurance Program
- NFL Player Severance Pay Plan
- NFL Player Care Plan
NFL Player Care Foundation
(800) NFL-GOAL / (800) 635-4625
- Financial Grants for Disadvantaged & Distressed Former Players
- Medical Screenings
NFL Life Line
- If you are a member of the NFL family and are experiencing a personal or emotional crisis, you can talk to someone right now at (800) 506-0078 or chat online.
- Trained, professional counselors are standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- It’s free, confidential support for the entire NFL family—current and former players, coaches, team and league staff, and their family members.
- It’s independent. The NFL Life Line is operated by the leading national providers of crisis counseling services and is entirely independent of NFL staff. No confidential information about individual calls or callers is shared with the NFL, its teams, or any other organization.
NFL Player Engagement
- Career Transition Program
- NFL Next- focusing on the transition to life after the game
Former Player Life Improvement Plan
- Neurological Care Program: provides retired players with access to comprehensive evaluations and treatment at six participating medical centers across the nation.
- Spine Treatment Program: makes spine specialists available at five hospitals across the country to evaluate and treat spine-related conditions among retired players.
- Joint Replacement Program: provides reimbursement for joint replacement surgeries and offers VIP treatment at select locations.
- Prescription Drug Card Program: a free prescription card allows retired players who are not receiving coverage under the NFL Player Insurance Plan to receive discounts on prescription drugs at more than 57,000 pharmacies in the U.S.
- Medicare Supplement Program: pays $120 a month toward the premium for coverage under a Medicare supplemental insurance program.
- Priority Access to Assisted Living Facilities: special discounts and priority access to designated senior and assisted living facilities across the country.
- Vested Inactive Life Insurance: provides life insurance benefits to all vested, inactive players who have not yet reached age 55 and have not yet retired under the Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle NFL Player Retirement Plan.
- Eligibility requirements vary for each benefit. Learn more about the Former Player Life Improvement Plan and requirements for participation by calling the NFL Retired Player Customer Care Center at (800) 635-4625.
Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle NFL Player Retirement Plan: provides eligible NFL players with disability benefits, pensions, and survivor benefits for their families. To learn more and obtain forms for the plan, call the Player Benefits Administration Office at (800) 638-3186.
88 Plan: provides financial reimbursement for care costs of vested players who diagnoses of dementia, ALS, or Parkinson’s disease. To learn more and obtain forms for the 88 Plan, call the Player Benefits Administration Office at (800) 638-3186.
Long-Term Care Insurance: covers assistance provided to a person who has a severe cognitive impairment requiring continual supervision or is unable to perform the activities of daily living. Coverage for spouses of former players is also available. For more information, you or a family member should speak to a Transamerica representative at 866-478-5209.
NFL Player Engagement offers resources to help players move through all phases of life successfully. Programs for current and retired players focus on supporting players’ personal and professional development, on and off the field. Resources include: NFL Engagement Zone, NFL Business Management and Entrepreneurial Program, Industry Boot Camps, NFL Transition Assistance Program and Coaches Academies. To learn more click here.
Line of Duty Disability
A former player may be entitled to a Line of Duty (LOD”) disability payment if that player incurs a substantial disablement arising out of NFL football activities.” If you are a former player and would like to determine if you are eligible for LOD, please call the Administration – NFL Player Benefits Office at (800) 638-3186 or click www.mygoalline.com for further information.
Total and Permanent Disability
A player may be entitled to Total and Permanent (T&P”) disability benefits if he is substantially prevented from or substantially unable to engage in any occupation or employment for remuneration or profit. If you are a former player and would like to determine if you are eligible for T&P, please call the Administration – NFL Player Benefits Office at (800) 638-3186 or click www.mygoalline.com for further information.
Neuro-Cognitive Disability Benefit
Effective April 1, 2012, the NFL Disability Plan will be amended to provide a benefit to eligible players who have a permanent, neuro-cognitive impairment but are not receiving LOD or T&P disability benefits or Pension Benefits under the Retirement Plan. If you are a former player and would like to determine if you are eligible for the Neuro-Cognitive Disability Benefit, please call the Administration – NFL Player
Benefits Office at (800) 638-3186 or click www.mygoalline.com for further information.