Job Title: Communications Intern
Hours: Approx. 24 Hours / 3 Days a week
Subervisor: Manager of Communications
Position currently filled by: TBD
When: Dates Vary
NFL ALUMNI MISSION OVERVIEW:
The National Football League Alumni is an organization comprised of former NFL players that advocates for programs, resources, and benefits which will improve the quality of life for retired football players. In addition, the NFLAA lends its support to local and national charitable initiatives, particularly those benefiting youth programs.
Provide assistance to Manager of Communications.
- Update and maintain social media presence, including scheduling Social media on all platforms
- Work with Communications Manager to come up with Social media campaigns for partners/holidays/etc.
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for National and Chapter events
- Update National website when needed
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Must be a current undergraduate student or recent graduate
- Skills: Good written communications and public presentation skills. Must demonstrate competency in interpersonal skills, prioritizing, time management, planning, and computer skills. Strong customer service and organization skills
- Abilities: Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work independently and/or as a team member. Must demonstrate initiative, self-confidence, persuasiveness, a positive attitude and a drive to achieve.
- Proactive not reactive to situations
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Some travel is possible, based on event(s) involved in
- Must receive College Credits for internship