Business Development Intern
Job Title: Business Development Intern
Hours: Approx. 15 Hours / 3 Days a week
Subervisor: Director of Human Resources
Position currently filled by: TBD
When: Summer or As soon as available
NFL ALUMNI MISSION OVERVIEW:
The National Football League Alumni is an organization comprised of former NFL players that advocates for programs, resources, and benefits which will improve the quality of life for retired football players. In addition, the NFLAA lends its support to local and national charitable initiatives, particularly those benefiting youth programs.
Provide assistance to the Business Development Team to build NFLAA brand and business.
Duties: : Intern will support the daily operations of Business Development Department.
- Assisting with the implementation of business goals related to NFLAA sponsorship retention
- Writing, assisting with developing marketing materials for use to communicate with clients and contacts.
- Gauging in calls for promotional information to our partners
- Proactively assist with marketing department to update clients and contacts on relevant legal and business news
- Expand the BD presence and develop tools to increase the NFLA visibility online
- Assistance with organization of present/ past contracts of fellow NFLA partners
- Support in preparation of marketing and business development materials
- Support in preparation and finalization of business resources
- The preparation and updating of marketing materials (spreadsheets, contractual records, contacts, and other external communications materials.
- Related administrative support for BD activities
*This description does not reflect all duties of the position; every day will vary as we are a small non-profit office.
- Must be a current undergraduate and receive College credits for internship.
- Skills: Good written communications and public presentation skills. Must demonstrate competency in interpersonal skills, prioritizing, time management, planning, and computer skills. Strong customer service and organization skills
- Abilities: Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, work independently and/or as a team member. Must demonstrate initiative, self-confidence, persuasiveness, a positive attitude and a drive to achieve.
- Proactive not reactive to situations
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.