Job Title: Digital Asset Management Intern
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ
Hours: 40 Hours per Week
Supervisor: CEO and Digital Partner Pro Club World Sports
The NFL Alumni Association has an opening for a Digital Asset Management Intern. This position will report to the CEO and Digital Partner Pro Club World Sports.
Internship Summary: The digital asset intern will work with both the NFLA team and the Pro Club World Sports team to configure and create a Digital Asset Management system for NFLA’s digital assets, which includes photography, video, sound, and PDF files.
Internship Learning Outcomes:
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Identification and Management (scanning) of assets associated with specific collections within NFLA’s Digital Asset System which includes:
- Schema creation for written and creative assets
- Metadata creation and content tagging
- Collaboration on taxonomy development and refinement
- Implementation of usage rights structure
- Development of workflow for adding new and existing assets
- Working with NFLA staff to identify and catalogue mysterious assets
- May assist with other ad-hoc tasks related to content management
- Work with sensitive and confidential data
- Undergrad coursework in digital content management, metadata and taxonomy development or equivalent
- Demonstrated interest in cataloging, or digital asset management
- Comfortable and capable with handling confidential information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team setting and can work independently when projects are due
- Demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills
The pay range for this internship opportunity is between $15-18/hour, commensurate with qualifications.
Duration and Location:
- This is a full-time, 6-months internship with flexible start and end dates based on the student’s availability and needs of the project
- This is an in-person internship out of the Mt. Laurel office
- NFLA will provide a laptop for the duration of your internship.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applicants must apply through the NFLA Careers portal to be considered. The website is www.nflalumni.org, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Jobs Board.
Program Overview (for Internship): The digital asset intern will work with both the NFLA team and the Communications Creative team to configure and create a Digital Asset Management system for NFLA’s digital assets, which includes photography, video, sound, and PDF files.
NFLA is an independent non-profit organization founded in 1967 by a small group of successful retired NFL players, the National Football League Alumni is the oldest, most well-known, and well-respected retired player organization in professional sports. Membership includes thousands of retired players, coaches, front office executives, spouses, cheerleaders, and avid fans. A primary mission of NFL Alumni is “Caring for Our Own” as we inform, assist, and serve players in their post-NFL lives. Alumni are offered a diverse package of medical, business, and legal services to help keep them and their families healthy, productive, and connected to the league and their former teammates. NFL Alumni also has a traditional mission of “Caring for Kids” across the country. Player alumni give back in their local communities by raising funds for youth-related charities through their 35 regional chapters. It is a tradition that has existed for more than 50 years. Alumni support typically raises more than $1.5 million dollars for worthwhile causes. To accomplish our mission & vision, we have established the NFL Alumni Foundation which is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.